Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Sweet Pepper Love...do you still remember yours?

I've never really followed blogs, what more write my own blog, until recently, when rojakgal started her own blog to share her rojaks ( a mix of her daily endeavours). http://rojakgal.blogspot.com . I thought to myself..yeah I can try setting up my own blog too.. so here it is!
Here I am staring at the computer screen trying to figure out what to write in my first ever blog post.

Okay...Perhaps I should introduce the two Loves of my life , Lil' Pepper and Mr. Moon.

Lil' Pepper as the name suggests, is a smaller than usual Miniature Schnauzer. She is 2 years and 6 months old now. More than 2 years ago, Mr.Moon and I, like some young married couples out there decided to get a pet dog as we are both dog lovers. It sure feels good to come home to a warm welcome, a wagging tail , wet nose and thick saliva licks! Don't you think so?:)

After much thought about getting a pet, taking into consideration the limited space we had at our place a.k.a Our Loft, we decided to 'hunt' for a female, miniature schnauzer puppy with 'salt and pepper' coat, simply a grey coat.

First stop: A pet shop opposite The Store in Seri Petaling. There, jumping frantically in the crate, was a female MS puppy of 3 months old..How could this be so coincidental?Anyway, she looked scrawny with her untrimmed look and a little cut on her forehead. She looked way too hyper to Mr. Moon's dismay, who then decided to leave to view a home breeder's puppies in Taman Megah.

Second stop: Taman Megah. This time, Mr. Moon was not convinced with the puppy's coat,which appeared brownish even with the breeder's assurance that the puppy was 'salt and pepper' after clipping. Feeling ever disappointed, we went home. Deep in my mind, I was still thinking about the puppy we saw at the pet shop, but too bad, she was just too hyperactive.

On the very next day, Mr. Moon and I went to the night market near the pet shop. We decided to walk into the pet shop just to check out the puppy again. This time, the puppy seemed obedient and well-behaved. The little tail of hers wagged and wagged but she remained very composed, unlike yesterday. Maybe she just woke up from a deep sleep? My heart melted right away ..AGAIN!!
This time. Mr.Moon was doubtful no more! He made up his mind right away and even named her 'Pepper' on the spot. I was ecstatic and happily cuddled Pepper. "Bye Bye Pet Shop. Hello to your new home, Pepper!"I softly whispered to her , as we were leaving the pet shop.

..........

...........

.............

.....................

Fast forward to present...

2 years and 3 months after that fateful day, I am still very much 'in love' with my Lil' Pepper who loves to take naps, snores, sleeps on my bed, nibbles my used cottons /tissue, checks out every dustbin in the house, destroys Mr. Moon's undies....ooooppsss!
There is a quote which I love,
"Whoever else thinks you are of little worth,
to your dog you are the centre of the universe"

- Pam Brown,b. 1928

This is the story of my Sweet Pepper Love..do you still remember yours?
First full groom

Watching her first documentary on tv



First photo shoot with Moose

3 comments:

yungyaw said...

Awe~ what a lovely story of how you and Lil's Pepper found each other.
Yeah, sometimes it's important to remember how everything got started. It sure brings back loads of great memories.

Oh Congratulation on your first blog and first blog post. Keep it up!

jumpingcolours said...

wah..now i know the story..hehe
Cant wait for more post from you!

Rojakgal said...

nice post chiali! I declare I am your blog fan already..ahah..Keep blogging!